Devoid

Friday, August 22, 2003:

Sometimes I feel like an alien in this place, and the thoughts run through my head
What is this? Where am I? What is the human condition? Does every thought contribute, or has it been thought before?
My thoughts now, what do they mean, and what can they do? Where am I going? Am I really headed in the direction I thought?
What does all this mean? Why can't I understand? Whats happening to us?
I ponder all these thoughts, in rapid sucession, not finding any answers before I move to the next
Yet another question to ponder, can my pondering answer any of these questions
I speed down the road, and as my mind is severed from reality, objects become mere shapes and colors
Things are not as they seemed before
Am I complacent, are you complacent? What does it mean to be such a thing
Not caring? Not seeing? Or even not understanding?
Where are the words that I cannot find? Do they drift in space, waiting for me to collide with them?
Or do they not exist until I conjure them up in my head? Does anyhting really exist?
Can I let go of my fear, anger, mistrust? Can I live without it?
For a few brief moments, objects are new, they no longer exist to me as they once did
Everything I see is strange and foreign, and I can pass no judgements
What is right? What is wrong? Can something really be either one?
Everything loses its meaning, and in a brief moment teeming with revelation, I see that meaning is not universal
Objects, and people, and words, can mean nothing, and they can mean everything
And this concept is not new to me, but the idea that without meaning I can still understand is a wonderment
Even as shapes and colors, and streaming lines fly by me, I understand them, without knowing who or what they are
And all my thoughts and questions, merge into one
What is this?
And this "what" is something that I cannot understand, with or without meaning
It is the question I will ponder for the rest of my life, conscious and unconscious
What is this idea that carries me to the depths of unfathomability?
Perhaps it is something, perhaps not
I may even ask the question a thousand times and still not know the answer
But its not the answer I seek,nor do you


Chris // 8/22/2003

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives