Devoid

Friday, August 13, 2004:

Butterfly

It was the summer of my lifetime
Not the winter spring or fall
On a day unrivaled by any other
That I decided to take a short drive
With no real destination in mind
Only a chosen direction
A busy highway which soon became abandoned
I was all alone when I made up my mind
I was never going back to my home
But then something happened to make me change my mind
A butterfly decided to cross the road
Unaware of my reslove it fluttered carelssly
Now it is gone and it will fly no more
I could not keep going and leave it to die alone
I had to return to the place from which I had come
But on my way back I lost all touch
I could not decide what to think or what I felt
Inside my head there was nothing to be said
And so I wept to the song that felt like my own
In a place that was not far from home
And when I returned all that was left were these words
Now here they are but I can speak them no more

Chris // 8/13/2004

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives