Devoid

Saturday, January 29, 2005:

I thought I had found life's meaning
When I gazed upon a beautiful scene
Painted by the sun's penetrating rays
Illuminating rivers and streams
Deserts, oceans, and autumn's leaves
Allowing beauty to be seen
But through my fingers it slipped
Now their purpose elludes me
As if it were merely a broken dream
For the sun casts shadows you see
Into whose darkness no one will ever see
Now all that reamins are a few passing moments
And no more reason to be
And as time rolls on into eternity
It only casts darker sadows upon my dreams
Into whose depths I can never reach
As my dreams grow darker they start to frighten me
And life's meaning only saddens me
There is no reason to be
Life is no more than a broken dream

Chris // 1/29/2005

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives