Devoid

Monday, February 28, 2005:

I'm the invisible boy
Mostly unknown
Often unseen
I drift through this world
And people take what they can from me
But instead of appreciation
They return only mockery
So I drift on their periphery
An outsider on the inside of the ring
A lonely statue surrounded by an army
Exclusion is my home
And obscurity is my phone
I communicate with my surroundings
Through dropped calls and patchy signals
Why should I call attention to the fact
That I don't enjoy this existence
In a state of emptiness
So instead I reamain speechless
And though I try to prevent it
The feeling grows more exhausting
As if there is no place for me
Nowhere to breathe
Without inhaling an air of uncertainty
But at this non-existence I seem to excel
Inside this halfway hell
To others I must be an abstraction
With no concept or continuity
A black hole of emotion
Able to absorb without reflection
And no thoughts to be heard
Except the ones I put into these words
There are more still unseen
I am really a catch basin you see
Collecting the rain from dark clouds
Because that's all I am given to drink
With the occaisonal sunshine sprinkling
And now the rain is brimming
But from the basin I can no longer drink
For I discovered it was poisoning me
A poison that invades your thoughts
And kills your dreams
And the water will soon flow over
Out of the basin and into the open
I don't know where it is going
Maybe non-existence
Will become my true reality
Though some may miss me
Others will deny what they could not see

Chris // 2/28/2005

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives