Devoid

Saturday, April 16, 2005:

My dreams never change
I've had the same for years
I wake up in my bed, with a dull fear
That the room is bare
As I gaze through a drowsy stare
But then I notice my error
There is someone there
Lying close to me, her arm draped across mine
As if it would hold back the tears
Her lungs inhaling my fears
And when I see her sleeping, I think to myself,
"Love is here"
And this moment I see in my dreams
It never comes to me
But some faint hope keeps me here
Without it I would have long ago disappeared
And when I wake up alone, there is the fear
Because my dreams don't come true
But the nightmares, they do

Chris // 4/16/2005

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives