Devoid

Saturday, July 23, 2005:

And when I leave
I'll feel no regret
Except that I could not leave some profound words behind
For you to remember me by
Something not too sweet
And all too sour

But I'm positive when I hear the words
As they pass my lips
Forced out by their internal inaudible repition
They will not be profound
They will sound trite and similar to the rest
Of which, is meaningless


But words are my weapon
The arrows that I aim at myself
They sail far and true, and hit the heart
Of the deepest thoughts, of my absent mind
And as the blood spews forth I sink into remorse
That I left nothing behind
No beauty, no wonder, no mediocrity
Just these words
And in them is nothing
Not a single thing to remember me by

Chris // 7/23/2005

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives