Devoid

Wednesday, August 03, 2005:

Downtown at the park alone
Lay in the grass and watch the people walk
While kids roll unsteadily on skateboards
And zooming on out of control roller blades
A dad playing a game of unenthusiastic football with a child
Couples holding hands passing by
I realize that I'm going to die
Just as I was born
Alone, and afraid of the unknown
And in between I will be lucky to find
5 minutes of precious time
When I feel that I belong
But in this life full of time
I exist as an anacronym to a nonexistent line
Of a history or future no one will ever find
The park brings my solitude to mind
Watching the couples pass by
Their smiles are reflected by my frown
Alone is the way I was born
And what I will feel as my life adjourns
And in between it is all I will find;
An empitness that can't be filled
And a lonlieness that will spill
From my empty heart as it is replaced by sand
And is then cleansed once more by my weary hand
Which must one day lose the will to go on
Because I will always be alone

Chris // 8/03/2005

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









A little place, where my thoughts collide like derailed trains

Archives